Monday, July 20, 2009

Little kicks

Small infant-child is pummeling me on the inside right now. I am actually sitting and watching my stomach jump and laughing because it looks ridiculous. This is probably why he keeps doing it... I am pretty sure me giggling shakes my whole belly and is somehow enjoyable for him. I discovered this when he found some type of weird ticklish spot where when he kicks me, I cant help but start laughing (usually when I am by myself in public and it seems completely weird and inappropriate). Once he got me started, it would continue for quite some time. (I have never been so thankful that his memory span at this point is less than 24 hours. It would take him a few days to find this spot again). This is when I realized that my giggling is somehow enjoyable for him.

So, less than 84 days until my due date.
Less than 3 until I am back in PA. :)

All in all, I would say neither are terribly bad countdowns. Although I have decided that when I am down to less than 3 to my due date, I will likely be terrified. I will also probably be coming up with more horrible ways in my head that I am going to accidentally ruin him. At the moment, I am confident that I am going to accidentally drop him within the first 24 hours. They are so tiny and squirmy... I dont know how they aren't more breakable. So... Im pretty terrified about that. I'm not even going to begin the list of things that I think I won't be able to figure out how to do.

#1 on my list currently = breastfeeding. It always looked so easy. And yet, I read an entire book on it and am still confused. So I signed up for a class for the end of August. I am also fairly nervous about this... in my head I am picturing all of us sitting around, boobs out, and pretending to nurse dolls (like the scary one she used in childbirth classes to show us the baby's progression out of the va-jay-jay. It looked so harmless... just sitting there all cute in its blanket wrap... and then she turned the blanket wrap inside out. I am not exactly scared of what the vagina looks like.. it was just kind of a shocking progression from adorably-cute-baby-doll to 10-inch-dialated-cervix with a head coming out of it. She didn't even warn us).

My meals are also ackwardly off now. Keaghan has decided to take up all of the space that my stomach used to occupy. This means, in short, that I eat 1/4 of what I used to at real mealtimes and instead eat roughly 5 snacks per day to make up for it. I dont even bother to plan mealtimes if Allen is at work. I just wait until I feel hungry again. For instance, I just finished my midnight bowl of cereal. I have discovered that this helps me to fall asleep, despite every single book telling me don't eat too close to bedtime because it gives you heartburn. Not true. Eating hot wings right before bed probably would (as does eating hot wings any time of day when you are pregnant - I have learned) but the bowl of cereal keeps me from hearing my stomach growl all night. 8 hours without food is apparently far too long for my little guy. I believe that he has Allen's freakish metabolism. If I can eat roughly 7 times per day and actually lose 1 lb after 6 months of pregnancy, he's seriously burning up some calories - although I have been told by everyone who has attempted to take his heartrate that he has an insane amount of energy because he never stops moving. I actually had one nurse ask me how much coffee I drink per day. Surprisngly, I actually stay well under my 300 alloted grams of caffeine. I allow myself per day one regular cup of coffee at home or 1 Starbucks nonfat latte with 1 pump of white chocolate, neither of which has more than 150 in them. The kid just has lots of energy. He's going to be lots and lots of fun....

And now I'm off to bed. I think I stayed up late enough that I wore myself out and will just crash instead of rolling around irritated that nothing is comfortable.

PS Feeling much better. Still stuffy but no sinus pressure and I don't resent my husband for getting me sick nearly as much as yesterday - although he was very sweet. He made me dinner, hot tea, and also made me up a warm (not hot. Keaghan isn't allowed hot ones) green bubble bath. Yes, green. It helped a little bit with the resenting.

No comments:

Post a Comment