Aside from the fact that some of my favorite people in the world are not here, Texas certainly grows on you :) It's been a gorgeous weekend. Pretty hot but with this phenomenal breeze that feels heavenly.
Yesterday was also quite an adventure. Allen's Troop picnic was yesterday. Picnics in Texas are not quite like picnics everywhere else. Dinner included steaks the size of my laptop (which to be fair isn't huge but that is for a steak) that were AMAZING. It also included the best potatoes I have ever had in my life... something cheddar-y but there was defintely tiny little bacon bits in it. Subtle but very darn good. And somehow 120 guys (and I suppose for the half of them that have one, the wives too) need 3 kegs worth of beer. Picnic started at 11... they were all empty by 2:30. I'm not going to lie, yesterday would have been a beautiful day for a nice relaxing outdoor beer. I was coveting.
THEN we went on a boating adventure. One of Allen's friends has a little 5-person speedboat. Honestly, I kind of expected to throw up but I thought I would give it a shot anyway. I was 100% fine....and it was amazing. I am not sure there is anything more relaxing in the world (although the slight sunburn I ended up with was not quite so relaxing).



Finally the evening ended with a visit from some of my favorite Houston'ians who were out visiting one of Rachel's friends a few towns over. We ate ice cream and the girls danced around the living room. All in all, I would say a good time was had by all. Except Ben liked Allen more than me. I want to say this is a good sign that he is going to be a good father but basically - I am not that mature and am still going to be his offended - I was his Aunt first and he should love me! 

No comments:
Post a Comment