Sunday, August 23, 2009

Ooops!

Guess I havent been updating much lately! And it's not becuase the week was uneventful - it defintely was an excellent week. Lets recap:

1. Got the job! And started today. My babies are adorable and sweet and I am really excited to have the opportunity to work with them. :)

2. Today we put the car seat in the car. Its apparently not as easy as most people think it is so I wanted to do it early with Allen here while we had time to make sure it was right rather than when we were high-tailing it to the hospital. I think we've got it :)

3. Lots of last minute baby purchases and such. I really think we are prepared. There are a few things that I WANT but they aren't really nessesary and can wait. I'm also sure there will be things we think of right after the baby is born and I realize I forgot things. But I think we are at least good for the 'bringing him home from the hospital' portion of things. One purchase I am struggling with = buying granny panties. Apparently this is a must for the umm... post...baby... issues. I just can't do it!

4. I am getting nervous! Part of me just wants to keep him in there where I can't mess him up! The other part of me is seriously uncomfortable and rarely sleeps and am going to be excited to have my own body back and actually be able to sleep at night.

5. Am starting to pack our hospital bag. They say to do this about 2 months out. We are down to a little over 6 weeks so it's actually overdue! I am surprised I have put it off this long (although I think part of this is the granny panty issue listed above).

In conclusion - am really going to try to keep the updates coming! The nursery is pretty much done and I owe everyone a picture but I still have a whole box of toys that I can't decide what to do with sitting in the middle of the floor that I need to deal with. I promise a pic soon!

1 comment:

  1. We were feeling a bit neglected . . . no posts in over a week!

    You will be a wonderful mom; don't worry, you will not "mess him up." You care too much to do that.

    Congrats on the job!!!!!

    Love, Mama

    ReplyDelete