Tomorrow is officially Keaghan's 2 week birthday! I actually think two weeks ago at this time, I was laughing with Allen and Carla and asking if it was ok that my contractions didn't hurt (they started to around 8, for the record).
So no I am not giving up my blog now that my sweet little angel is here. But the entries may be shorter and more tired-sounding (although I'm not sure what could possibly be more tired sounding than the last one). Current thoughts:
1. Keaghan just got back from his 2 week checkup. Verdict - he is still small.
2. Verdict #2 - he is completely unphased by having blood taken. He simply gave the nurse an irritated look and then went back to sucking on his pacifier.
3. Speaking of pacifier - my child frequently reminds me of Maggie Simpson when you hear nothing out of him for an hour other than the sound of paci sucking
4. Apparently we spelled our child's name very odd because people are already having trouble pronouncing it.
5. If you know someone who had a baby in the last two weeks, do them a favor and if you visit, keep it to under an hour. Seriously. I am not sure I like people anymore.
6. TERRIBLY homesick. Want my baby to meet his crazy adventure of a family like yesterday. He has such love in his life and he has no idea. This is so sad to me.
7. Ben thought that Keaghan was a cat.
8. Intend to have him dedicated when we are home over Christmas at CEFC. Family is certainly welcome!
9. Childbirth really isn't that hard. Although I kind of think I just got lucky this time - next time could be worse. I actually thought the first three months of miserable nauseous puking pregnancy were worse than actually having him.
10. Size 10 jeans now fit. Not terribly attractively though. Also - have back fat. Did not have that before. Do not enjoy and am very excited about my Christmas treadmill.
Friday, October 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

So glad you are keeping up the baby blog. I love hearing about our little guy and his slightly crazy, but entertaining mama :)
ReplyDelete