Wednesday, October 7, 2009

40 weeks tomorrow

Uh ok well at least one of my due dates is tomorrow. I might decide to follow the second one just because being "overdue" seems sad.

Sorry for the lack of updating... it really isn't for lack of time. I've got plenty of that. It's actually because writing "still no baby but lots of pain" just doesn't seem fun to me.

They also did this extremely uncomfortable procedure on Tuesday called "stripping the membranes" (look it up online if you want more info. ZERO chance I'm going into detail about it here). Hurt like a $#%$#@. (No I really wasn't thinking of any word in particular there. Just pick one. They all fit) At which point the overly-cheery midwife who did it tells me "ohh well the pain means that I did it right!" Ugghh. It caused a little bit of bleeding which gave me a nervous breakdown that lasted a good 5 min but after a chat with the labor and delivery department (apparently they deal with hysterical mommies-to-be a lot) I found out that not only is that pretty normal for following the procedure, but they were also a little surprised that my midwife didn't mention that. Note: she's officially not going on the Christmas card list.

So not much else. Lots of contractions. (They hurt, by the way.) Nothing that amounts to anything other than making me uncomfortable. I have been spending a lot of time walking around Target. They say walking is really supposed to get things moving. But then again, they also say sex is supposed to get things moving but considering the fact that everything below my neck hurts right now, I will stick with walking. (I apologize, I think my "too much info" filter stopped working after my 5th or 6th internal exam. The last one had 4 people in the room because my midwife was having trouble figuring out how dialated I was with how low Keaghan's head is. The verdict = 1-2 cm. And for the record, being left alone with the clearly embaressed intern girl while my midwife found another doctor to check me was ackward for everyone involved. Lesson of the week = small talk is ackward when one of you isn't wearing pants.)

Keaghan is kicking me at the moment, which I will be honest and say is less cute now that it hurts. I apologize to my belly every time I make a loud noise of discomfort or cuss (yes. I won't lie. This happens. Sorry, Mom). But I promise I will think it's adorable again when he is on this side of my belly.

In conclusion, as I type this, I am in the middle of a contraction. This would be much more exciting if I hadn't been saying the same thing at least once every 45 min for the last 4 days.

Mom, I am officially sorry for every bad thing I ever did and I'm sorry that I put you through this at one point in my life. I am going to buy you a coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment