So apparently the Army doesn't think Ultrasounds are terribly important and wouldn't let Allen out of his field training exersize yesterday at the last minute. None too pleased about that.
On the upside, it did start a good conversation about 2013 and the to reenlist/not reenlist issue. I cast my vote for "absolutely not, let's go back to PA" but followed it with "but I am only 1/2 of the equation and I want you to be happy, whatever that ends up meaning." (see... I wasn't completely anti-Army) The issue isnt really decided but I don't think it will be for awhile. I think he has until Feb 2011 to reenlist if he wants a bonus for it and so I think we should have the decision made by then. As for me, I am already planning where in Central PA I want to live.
Back to Keegan - he is very healthy. He now weighs 10 oz and according to the technician, has big pouty lips. Allen was looking at the pictures and thinks that Keegan got Allen's turned up "Whoville" nose. I dont know how he can tell that from the pictures but he seems to be convinced.
I also went shopping yesterday afternoon. I was pissed at the Army and trying to find cute baby clothes. I didn't find anything TERRIBLY exciting but I did buy Keegan The Velveteen Rabbit (its one of my favorites). I am not sure he can hear me but I am reading to him anyway. I also bought me some maternity tops that will actually cover my fat belly and Allen two pairs of golf shorts (he likes plaid... who would have guessed?) mostly becuase I know he was sad that he couldn't come to the Ultrasound.
I actually think that before he leaves for his 2 months of training in Kentucky we are going to go pay to get a 4D Ultrasound video so Allen can actually see his baby (I don't even know what 4D means but apparently they are only $100 and very good quality).
Thursday, May 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment